Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur the contributors are theirs.
You’ve done a lot to build your brand as a financial advisor. Your business is prominently displayed on bus benches, billboards, and even at local little league sports games – but now you could be missing the biggest opportunity.
The internet isn’t just where people will find the actor’s name that’s on the tip of their tongue or check the weather forecast; The Internet has become the one stop shop for everything.
With unlimited information at your fingertips, the world has gone digital and there is no going back. If you’re not taking advantage of digital marketing options, chances are your marketing strategy needs an overhaul. The internet is a treasure trove of new customers just waiting to be discovered, and here’s why you should take advantage of it.
Brand compliance and digital marketing can coexist
Almost every industry has turned to the internet to attract new customers. However, the financial services industry, particularly financial advisors, has been slow to jump on the bandwagon. The reason is simple. As a financial advisor, you have a fiduciary responsibility to your clients that is heavily regulated. Brand and regulatory compliance is important, and you’re not willing to risk compliance issues to get your brand online.
Well, what if you didn’t have to?
When you partner with a powerful marketing provider that can provide the digital marketing strategy and automation needed to reach your leads, your chances of actually converting those leads into customers skyrocket. First, it’s important to understand why a strong online presence is essential for your business.
Why you should embrace this new age of opportunity
Even if you don’t feel like you’re taking advantage of digital marketing opportunities, chances are you’re already online. Nowadays, customers share their experiences on social media and review websites, which have become essential in building customer trust in a new audience.
If you take advantage of the opportunity to use online tools, you have more control over your online brand identity and the ability to reach a huge audience you might not even know existed.
That’s why more than half of businesses in the United States use some form of marketing automation.
Know your options
There are several ways to advertise online. Some of the most popular options for advertising financial services online include:
- social media: Social media is a hotbed of online activity. To put the power of social media into perspective, Facebook has over 2.9 billion active users. This means that almost a third of the world’s population benefits from it.
- search engine optimization: Google started as a brand name but became a verb. If you don’t know something, you “Google” it. So what happens when a client in your area Googles “Financial Advisor Near Me?” Are you on the list? Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can help.
- Local lists: Online local classifieds websites are free and have massive audiences. You can use these local SEO websites to expand your customer base.
- Paid search: You can also take advantage of pay-per-click advertising. This allows you to appear at the top of search results and only pay a small fee when someone clicks on your link.
- Display advertising campaigns: Banner ads on websites could expose your brand to thousands of potential customers for minimal cost. CPM, or cost per thousand (cost per thousand views), advertising campaigns allow you to put banners on popular websites for between $10 and $20 per thousand views, in most cases.
- Online videos: You might be amazed at the response you get from creating YouTube videos. A few short videos telling people things they might not already know about finance and the financial industry could inspire customers through the door.
- Advertising by e-mail: Keep in touch with previous clients to ensure they will return when they need services next time.
Marketing automation is your best ally
Of course, a solid online marketing plan has several moving parts, but technology has created some incredibly effective solutions for this as well. Marketing automation is a hot ticket and continues to grow in popularity. You can automate everything from paid search, organic and social posting to display campaigns. With the help of a solid digital marketing and marketing automation strategy, you can focus on what you do best: providing financial advice to your clients.
#Financial #Advisors #Secret #Weapon #Digital #Marketing #Strategy